0 Posts
There are no birthdays today.
Main Forum

im worried

2 replies
11 posts
0 votes
Admins
The more i look at SWTOR the more worried i become... Dont get me wrong im still gonna play the shit out of it lol. All the classes are too gray for me Tanks that heal and healers that tank. What ever happend to a Tank being a wall of meat protecting the group and the healers making sure no one dies? is this all because of WoW? the multi specializations is why i never got into Rift beyond the trial. I Wonder if it going to be strange for me to not dual spec and just focus on a single tree... and im still torn between going Pure Tank Guardian or Pure DPS Sentinel. One thing is for sure im going to be the most Evil jedi i can be ;) lol
0db35df64fdff255.png
Posted Nov 4, 11 · OP
8 posts
0 votes
Admins
What is happening with the specs is that you can be a Solo spec by splitting up your abilities or go full out Tank, DPS or Medic. Consulars can be Medium Ranged DPS, Long Ranged DPS or Healer. OR, half DPS and half Healer, or Med and Long Ranged DPS. All options with a little bit of healer to start as well. That's what they have done. I have been watching the Beta Leak vids. A straight forward tank is going to be necessary. Some of the big, flashpoint enemies do massive amounts of damage. I am playing a straight healer. After a little while, I'll definitely need to group with tanks and dpsers. Do not be discouraged by this system. I will make the Healer for our group and then A solo, Knight I think.
af3da425aab287ec.png
Posted Nov 4, 11
11 posts
0 votes
Admins
yeah i knew its something like that but it does make me dream of the old days when you could look at a class and already know all there skills and what they can do. it just gets muddled when a single class can fill all the roles poorly at the same time. I just dont know yet how im gonna play. In EQ i was basically a support role as Milgin the Necro and i would love to branch out but i dont know if i could take the pressure of being a Tank when Eolis isnt around lol. I will probably go Full DPS in the end when i make my character if only because ill make a shitty healer/caster and ill have panic attacks if i cant taunt the mobs off the healer lol...

What they really need is a class just for me were im the most vital part of the group yet completely irreverent ROFL ;)
0db35df64fdff255.png
Posted Nov 4, 11 · OP
Announcement of